Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of A Swollen Gland In The Throat
Pease clarifydepends: It depends on which glands/areas are swollen. Glands may only be swollen temporarily from infection. Tonsils can become swollen and can be removed, but other criteria have to be met for this. It is also agreed upon by doctors that tonsils provide benefits to the immune system. A visit to your doctor will likely determine what is swollen and what the best course is. ...Read more
Support immune syste: Try salt water gargles twice daily, increase fluids to the amount of ounces = to half your weight in pounds, make sure you are getting adequate sleep to restore your immune system (7.5-8 hours/night). You can also add vitamin c and zinc to your regimen to support immune system. Most often the cause is viral and unless symptoms persist, i would not recommend antibiotics. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have a lump in my throat i think it is a swollen glands how do I get rid of it quickly pleaseeeeee help?
Sore Throat: Viral sore throats usualy clear up on thier own within a few days. If your symptoms are severe or last longer see your doctor for poosible cultures and antibiotics. If this is frequent you should consult an ENT doc to discuss further options. ...Read more
Treat the cause: The parotid gland is one of the major salivary glands and swelling of the glands can be from a number of causes. You need to have a thorough evaluation to determine what is causing the swelling before you can treat it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i get rid of the swollen glands in my throat?
- How to get rid of a sore throat and swollen glands?
- How to get rid of mucus in the throat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of sore throat and swollen gland?
- How to get rid of a cold in the eye?
- Mucus in the throat how to get rid of it
- I have a sore throat and i want to get rid of the sore throat in a night
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online