Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of A Stye
Time: All the medications that have been put forward to target cold viruses (not influenza) have not surprisingly proved lame and worse than the disease. Best rx's is Pseudoephedrine used judiciously and briefly, something like iboprofen for pain, and plenty of water to keep the pain meds from slowing down kidney function and keeping the chest secretions moist and flowing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heat: The best first treatment is to apply very warm soaks five to six times per day for 5 minutes each application. This should get rid of it in 2-4 days, if it persists longer than that, see your ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Topical heat: While many styes are infected, antibiotics generally cannot easily get to them. Heat is very effective. Try soaking a washcloth in the very warm (not hot) water tap and putting it on the stye for 4 minutes at a time about 5 times per day. The frequency is important - 2-3 times will usually not work. If persistent after a week of this see your ophthalmologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of a stye on the eye?
- How do you get rid of an eye stye?
- How to get rid of styes in your eyelids?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Getting rid of a stye
- How do u get rid of styes?
- How to get rid of a stye on your eye?
- How to get rid of a stye on my eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free