Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of A Charlie Horse
See below: A charley horse or cramp usually develops due to a buildup of certain waste products of metabolism, in this case lactic acid. Ways to deal with this is to stretch, the muscle, massage the muscle towards the heart to clear out the lactic acid. This also happens in people who get dehydrated so be sure to drink enough fluids. ...Read more
How do you get rid of a charlie horse in your legs, what causes these I have had them for two nites now. Been trying to walk them out.
Prevention-Magnesium: Leg cramps are usually due to a magnesium deficiency. I would suggest 400 mg of either magnesium aspartate, magnesium citrate, magnesium glycinate, magnesium maleate or magnesium taurate to relieve this problem. Do not waste your time with other forms of magnesium. These are available over the counter. If you take too much magnesium, you will get diarrhea. ...Read more
Dehydration issue: Eating a banana is to replace your potassium levels. Low potassium may be one cause for muscle cramping or "charlie horse." most often, dehydration can be the culprit. Drink a glass of water along with the banana. If you have a fever or severe pain, you should contact your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Getting rid of charlie horses
- How to get rid of charlie horses in legs?
- How do you get rid of charlie horses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of charlie horse in foot?
- Best way to get rid of charlie horse
- How to prevent charlie horse?
- How to relieve charlie horses?
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free