Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of A Charley Horse In My Calf
Hydrate: Short answer;get up and stretch the muscle.Better answer:prevent the problem-drink more fluids before exercise.Now the super secret:drink the juice from claussin pickles-as a sports physician dealing with athletes i've found this to be very helpful.Don't tell everyone-our edge will be forever ruined. ...Read more
See below: A charley horse or cramp usually develops due to a buildup of certain waste products of metabolism, in this case lactic acid. Ways to deal with this is to stretch, the muscle, massage the muscle towards the heart to clear out the lactic acid. This also happens in people who get dehydrated so be sure to drink enough fluids. ...Read more
Prevention-Magnesium: Leg cramps are usually due to a magnesium deficiency. I would suggest 400 mg of either magnesium aspartate, magnesium citrate, magnesium glycinate, magnesium maleate or magnesium taurate to relieve this problem. Do not waste your time with other forms of magnesium. These are available over the counter. If you take too much magnesium, you will get diarrhea. ...Read more
Stretching: A "charley horse" in my terminology would be a cramp in the muscle. It can caused by a muscle inbalance of leg muscles in front vs back of the leg, swelling of the muscle and then cutting off the blood supply to the muscle. Apply ice, never heat, to the area. Stretch the muscles. See a physical therapist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of a charley horse?
- What causes a charley horse in my calf?
- Charley horse calf muscle
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of a charlie horse?
- What do my frequent charley horses mean?
- Charley horse
- Knee pain that causes the calf to feel like an impending charley horse
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free