Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of A Belly Button Piercing Infection
Whats the best way to get rid of an infection in just the bottom hole of your bottom belly button ring?
Consider this:: Clean with mild soap and water, and use topical bacitracin, two or three times a day. Keep it covered with a bandaid to avoid irritation. If no better in 3-5 days see doc. If fever, surrounding redness, increasing pain, get seen immediately. Hope it is nothing! Also, with any skin wound make sure your tetanus is current. If diabetic or have a serious chronic medical condition, see/call MD ASAP ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Raised scarring around belly button piercing. How do I make it heal better/get rid of the scar, it's not flush with the rest of my skin?
See 1 more doctor answer
Clean: By keeping the area clean and dry. You can use soap and water. Hibiclens is a antibacterial soap. You may need oral antibiotics from your dermatologist. ...Read more
Maybe: It might work but not at all a wise choice because most staphylococci are resistant to it. ...Read more
Does it help? Does bio-oil help to remove a small keloid from my belly button? My keloid doesn't itch or anything is just there from a piercing infection about 2 years ago. What can I do?
See plastic surgeon: Keloids are difficult but not impossible to treat, but I am not aware of any over the counter products that are effective. See a surgeon certified by the american board of plastic surgery--don't waste your money on things that will not work. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of a belly button ring infection?
- How long should it take for my clindamycin to get rid of a tooth infection?
- How long would it take for amoxicillin to get rid of a tooth infection?
- How to get rid of a viral throat infection?
- How to get rid of a droopy belly after a hysterectomy?
- How to get rid of belly fat after a hysterectomy?
- How to get rid of belly button odor?
- How to get rid of female hair around the belly button?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free