Doctor insights on:
How To Get In The Habit Of Wearing Glasses
Use them: If they are for distance vision and you see much better, start using them all the time. If they are just for reading, keep them in your pocket or around your neck so that they are readily available when needed. When trying bifocals for the first time, sometimes they take a bit getting used to, especially the progressives lenses (in some people). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Easy: Put them on in the morning and don't take them off until bedtime. ...Read more
Yes: Being far sighted, or hyperopic, and not wearing your glasses is a common cause of headaches. The more reading, texting, or close-up work you do, the worse it will get. When you get older, the condition will seem worse. Far sighted people need reading glasses earlier in life than others who normally require them in their mid forties. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Glasses weaken eyes?: No. People over 40 often think that wearing readers made their eyes weaker. Presbyopia is a natural condition that occurs around 40 where the focusing power (accommodation) gradually declines over 30 years due to gradual hardening of the natural lens of the eye. The amount of reading power you need to replace gradually increases every 2-3 years. Vision w readers is better; they want glasses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
THEY : WILL GET WORSE ANYWAY.Get a more detailed answer ›
I've been wearing glasses since 2nd grade. Both of my parents wear glasses. Is it normal for my vision to get slightly worse each year?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get in the habit of drinking more water?
- How to get in the habit of sleeping on your back?
- How to get rid of razor bumps in the penis area?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of mucus in the throat?
- How to get rid of scar tissue in the lower lip?
- How to get rid of a fever overnight i need to work in the morning?
- How to get rid of excess vitamin d in the body?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free