Doctor insights on:
How To Get Fit At The Club Again After Ileostomy Embarassed
Do yor best: Ileostomy is done to protect what is beyond the ileostomy. Get a binder that can support your stoma and work out your upper body the most. You can use an eliptical or another machine for your legs, that will help keep you fit until they close it. I have done that hundreds of times. Stay healthy! ...Read more
Absolutely not true: The colon does nothing but reabsorb water to maintain your fluid balance. Fats, sugars are absorbed in the small intestine and assuming you have had none of that removed. You can easily gain weight if you eat incorrectly and do not exercise. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What tests (if any) is a surgeon required to have a patient get done before performing an ileostomy reversal surgery?
Depends: Depending on your medical issues, medications and recent past testing you may not need any new testing. Often surgeons will at least ask for a blood count to make sure you aren't really anemic(low red blood cell count) and that your platelet numbers are fine(too low and the risks of bleeding go up) and coagulation studies(if they are abnormal the risk of bleeding can go up too). Best of luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
After having a temporary loop ileostomy do you still get peristalsis in the large intestine that has been left in?
Klebsellia in bladder, no large Bowel, ileostomy so how do bowel bugs get in bladder? Also have a e coli. Is this possible?
Fistula?: Could be a physical connection between the small intestine or colon and the bladder (fistula). This is sometimes associated with air coming out while urinating. Could also be hygiene habits. Best to have a more complete evaluation by you primary, and your surgeon. Hope this helps! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ideas for starting a get fit club in school
- How to get fit after child birth?
- How long after giving birth can you get pregnant again?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon after a miscarriage can i get pregnant again?
- How long should i wait to get pregnant again after a miscarriage?
- How soon after an abortion do you get a regular period again?
- How soon after an abortion do you get a normal period again?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free