Doctor insights on:
How To General Anesthesia In Total Thyroidectomy
Metabolism: After the thyroid is removed, the body still needs thyroxin to help in metabolic processes. Perhaps the amount of synthetic or natural thyroxin replacement needs to be adjusted. ...Read more
Thyroidectomy: This would not be done unless absolutely necessary. Any surgery can have complications such as infection swelling etc. Later complications can come from scarring and the need for thyroid medication for the rest of your life - you could not be without it ever! review with the surgeon or at least get a second opinion if you are not sure! ...Read more
It'd be a good idea: To speak with an endocrinologist to help you sort out whether or not you need a thyroidectomy. If endocrinologist thinks its reasonable to get surgery, they can refer you to an endocrine or ENT surgeon. The surgeon will evaluate you and also decide if they think surgery is indicated. Choosing surgery is a big choice so getting good opinions is important. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many weeks of recovery after total thyroidectomy?
- How long does a total thyroidectomy take?
- General anesthesia
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to stop anxiety and vomiting after general anesthesia?
- How long does general anesthesia affect body?
- How long will i be sleepy for after general anesthesia?
- How long does general anesthesia last?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free