Doctor insights on:
How To Fix A Hernia Without Surgery
A hernia is a hole in the abdominal wall thru which the inner lining protrudes thru, creating a sac. Organs from within the abdominal cavity, such as the intestine, can protrude thru the hole and get stuck in the sac. Many hernias develop during fetal life and become evident in childhood or as an adult. Some develop following a prior abdominal operation. The cornerstone ...Read more
Cure for hernia : There is no known non-surgical cure for hernia, however not all hernias need to be fixed ! Meet with your surgeon to discuss the matter A truss can be worn or an abdominal binder to temporize matters but it doesn't cure the hernia which is an actual defect or hole in the abdominal wall. ...Read more
Hernia: Everyone is different. Some people feel fine in 2-4 weeks, others have pain for months. It all depends on what type of hernia it was, how large it was, how it was repaired, etc. Sometimes the mesh can cause pain because it causes (intentionally) an intense scarring reaction. You can take anti-inflammatory meds to help. It should get better with time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Large, Painful: If a hernia is very small and not causing any symtoms, it can be safely watched (depending upon the location and type of hernia). Also, the decision to operate is always balanced by the age and health of the patient. Please see a hernia surgeon to help you decide what option is best for you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to fix inguinal hernia without surgery?
- Fix umbilical hernia without surgery
- How to fix a belly button hernia for adults no surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to fix broken nose without surgery?
- How to fix ingrown toenail without surgery?
- Fixing a deviated septum without surgery
- How to fix a broken nose without surgery?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free