Doctor insights on:
How To Diagnose A Hernia
A hernia is a hole in the abdominal wall thru which the inner lining protrudes thru, creating a sac. Organs from within the abdominal cavity, such as the intestine, can protrude thru the hole and get stuck in the sac. Many hernias develop during fetal life and become evident in childhood or as an adult. Some develop following a prior abdominal operation. The cornerstone ...Read more
Exam: Hernias usually cause a visible bulge in children. This bulge goes away when they lie down and may be more pronounced standing, straing, or laughing, coughing, etc. Physical exam is very sensitive. Imaging studies are usully reserved for those patients with less than classic symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
X-RAY, Endoscopy,etc: A hiatal hernia is an enlargement of the hole in the diaphragm thru which the esophagus passes to enter the abdominal cavity. This commonly leads to the stomach "yo-yo-ing" up into the chest, which may cause gerd (reflux). This can be seen by ct scan and by upper endoscopy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Why can you only see a hernia on a scan when there is a bulge under the skin? Do they diagnose them based solely on symptoms?
Im diagnosed with hiatal hernia and body gastritis. Its difficult for me to do my sprinting and to lay down.Is there any link to what im diagnose?
How do I diagnose if I have GERD and possibly hiatal hernia or if it's anxiety causing this? The symptoms are clear but I want to find the root cause.
Impossible: You must realize that by not sharing your emotions with us it is impossible to answer your question. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to diagnose a hernia in women?
- How long does a hernia take to heal?
- Tests to diagnose a hernia or ovarian cysts in women
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long would it take me to recover if i have a ventral hernia surgery?
- How to jump rope with a hernia?
- How to fix a belly button hernia for adults no surgery?
- How long would it take to diagnose a teenager with leukemia?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free