Doctor insights on:
How To Determine If You Have A Liver Fluke
Fecal test.: A diagnosis is made when a lucky pathologist gets to examine the little critters (or their eggs) in a stool sample. Symptoms of a liver fluke include having smelly, fatty stools (the flukes disrupt and/or eat bile which digests fats), jaundice, fever. A serious complication is cancer of the bile tract. See your doctor, especially if you've traveled to asia (flukes are endemic there). ...Read more
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
Fascioliasis: can be treated with TriclabendazoleGet a more detailed answer ›
Sanitation: Flukes come from contaminated water and food. Avoid wading in dirty waters, cook food thoroughly, drink filtered water. ...Read more
Freshwater fish, veg: Clonorchis sinensis (or opisthorchis sinensis), also known as the chinese liver fluke, is endemic in the far east, particularly in china, japan, taiwan, vietnam, and korea; it is also endemic in far eastern russia [1, 2]. F. Hepatica occurs mainly in sheep-rearing areas of temperate climates, particularly in parts of central and south america, europe, china, africa, and the middle east . ...Read more
Injury over time: Liver flukes cause chronic inflammation of the biliary system which can over time lead to scarring or abnormal tissues/cells or other problems. Chronic liver fluke infection increase the risks for bile duct cancer (cholangiocarcinoma), gallstones, pancreatitis, liver abscess, and other problems of the biliary tract. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How would you know if you have a liver fluke?
- How to determine if you have a yeast infection?
- How many aspirin to take if you are having a heart attack?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to lose belly fat if you have a short torso long legs?
- How can you tell if u have a cavity without going to the dentist?
- How to lose belly fat if you have a bad back?
- How to get a flat stomach without exercising if you have thick belly fat?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free