Doctor insights on:
How To Cure Spondylolisthesis
Spondylolisthesis ... Can it be cured completely and with out surgery? I've been having problems with back misalignment .Thought better it pops hard
May not need surgery: You may not need surgery. It depends on the degree of spondylolisthesis and the amount of "slippage" at the level of concern. It also depends on what level this occurs. You may be able to treat this conservatively with pain control and physical therapy. If there is progressive slippage and neurological symptoms (pain, numbness, weakness) then surgery is more of a consideration. ...Read more
Yes: The most common type of spondylolisthesis will rarely progress to a severe slip. Most of the time, the progression stops when a person reaches adulthood. The other common kind occurs in middle life and beyond, and rarely progresses beyond grade 1 or 2 (mild). The process of slippage is not something people feel. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Exam, radiographs: A careful physical may pick it up, but in most cases the deformity is not visible to the eye. Plain radiographs (x-rays) show the slip (spondylolisthesis). If done standing, they can show subtle slips that go away while lying down. Mri and ct are helpful if there are nerve symptoms (like leg pain, numbness, weakness) and if surgery is being considered. Bone scan is sometimes used too. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
None to varied: There are several types of spondylolisthesis these can have no symptoms to varying types of back &/or leg pain with or without any numbness, tingling or weakness in the legs. 70% of the degenerative or acquired type & 90% of the congenital type are treated non operatively, the pain is usually worse with activity & better with rest. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to cure a sinus infection on augmentin?
- How long does it take to cure vitamin d deficiency?
- How long does it take to cure strep throat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take azithromycin to cure chlamydia?
- How long does it take to fully cure ringworm?
- How long does cranberry juice takes to cure uti?
- Zithromax how long does it take to cure chlamydia
- Talk to a neurologist online