Doctor insights on:
How To Cure Penile Yeast Infection
Not likely: Although cultured, unpasteurized yogurt will help to repopulate your bowel with lactobacilli and possibly, by creating competition with yeast in your bowel reduce the risk of reinfection, it is unlikely to do anything at all to reduce or cure existing infection on the penis or vaginal mucosa. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
See your doctor: Men are less likely to get yeast infection but they can.There is itching , dryness and head of penis skin may be cracked, sometime it can also cause blisters, these can break open. Use over the counter antifungal cream like monistat twice daily, avoid having sex with your partner and have her treated retract your foreskin if it is present and clean thoroghly/keep dry prescription rx like Diflucan tabl. ...Read more
Not common: Systemic fungal infections are not common in people with normal immune systems. They can occur, but more commonly occur in people who have underlying problems, already sick debilitated, etc etc. A local skin yeast infection like on your penis would not turn into a systemic one. ...Read more
Yes: Garlic is fungicidal. To treat penile yeast infections a man can eat fresh garlic twice a day or take garlic supplements. Sometimes a slice of fresh garlic is rubbed onto the effected area directly. (use a small test dose to ensure that it does not irritate the skin). There is are no clinical trials on this use of yeast. Monistat can also be used. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does diflucan take to cure a yeast infection?
- How long does it take to cure a yeast infection?
- How long does it take yogurt to cure a yeast infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to cure yeast infection?
- How to cure a male yeast infection at home?
- How to cure a yeast infection fast at home?
- How to cure a yeast infection in men?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free