Doctor insights on:
How To Cure Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
CT or biopsy: The "gold standard" test for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is a lung biopsy, usually via lung surgery. But, nowadays, ct scan has gotten very good at diagnosing ipf, and sometimes this is enough. But, usually, lung biopsy is required to make a diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What would being exposed to extreme temperaturesdo to someone with (idiopathic) pulmonary fibrosis?
Possible: Some people with ipf can get affected by the cold weather. It really depends on the individual. Usually, during the cold weather, the increase in respiratory viruses (especially flu) can cause trouble in patients with any sort of lung disease. But, it really depends on the individual. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Shortness of breath: Temperature extremes are harmful because pulmonary fibrosis prevents adapting to the increased metabolic needs that occur with either cold or hot temperatures. Increased dyspnea (shortness of breath) is the typical consequence. The heart can also be strained because it is under more strain in pulmonary fibrosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to prevent idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
- How long should idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis last?
- How long does it take to cure a sinus infection on augmentin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to cure strep throat?
- How long does diflucan take to cure a yeast infection?
- How long does it take azithromycin to cure chlamydia?
- How long does it take to fully cure ringworm?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free