Doctor insights on:
How To Cure Chicken Pox Faster
Caused by the varicella-zoster virus, chicken pox results in a blister rash that starts on the stomach, back, and face and spreads throughout the entire body. These small itchy blisters eventually scab over. Associated symptoms include itching, fatigue, malaise, and a fever. The most effective method to prevent spreading of the varicella virus is ...Read more
Confusing question: Chicken pox heals over time by itself. Any medication taken during the illness (zovirax) may help reduce the intensity of the illness but it does not "kill" the chicken pox virus or change the timetable of resolution. If you have had chickenpox , your body will develop antibodies that prevent a future case. The medication does not alter that process. ...Read more
I have chicken pox, but my boss says I need to come to work. Is there anything I can do to make it go away faster?
Yes: Chicken pox in an adult is serious. (presumably you don't have shingles, an adult form of the varicella zoster virus) adults can be very ill, and complications can include pneumonia, meningitis... See your doc, get a proper diagnosis, and follow treatment guidelines; if questions, see infectious disease expert. If boss insists u come to work, give him a big hug and a kiss upon arrival. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to cure the chicken pox?
- How to cure chicken pox scars?
- How to cure chicken pox marks?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to cure scars from chicken pox?
- Vaseline helps chicken pox scabs heal faster
- Cures for chicken pox home remedies
- How to care for chicken pox?
- Talk to a dermatologist online