Doctor insights on:
How To Cure An Infected Ear Piercing
How can I treat an infected ear piercing without having to take my earring out? My piercing is brand new and started to swell 2 days after piercing it
An ID specialist: (Disclosure: I am an ID specialist) You shouldn't have to live with a continuously infected ear piercing. Before you think of a medicine,you must know if your suffering is caused by an infection or an allergic reaction to the stud put through the piercing. If it is indeed an infection,the right treatment will be based on what is growing from cultures. an ID doctor can help you with your problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infected/inflammed: Red, hot, swollen and drainage (inflammation) are normal signs of healing and in fact, not bad but are integral to healing. If infected, the wound should not improve, the patient have fevers, chills, and other systemic signs of infection. Culture of the wound should never be with a swab on the surface but a simple tissue biopsy. Routine use of antibiotics is to be condemned due to the risks. ...Read more
Rare: If done correctly, infection is rare. The ears have a good blood supply and can heal well. Bad technique, dirty instruments and inexperienced operators can cause a lot of problems. Go to a reputable place to have this done and follow the instructions you are given afterwards. That is your best chance to heal normally. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does an ear infection take to cure?
- How to cure infected nipple piercing?
- How to cure an ear infection fast?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to treat an infected labret piercing?
- How to cure an ear infection without antibiotics?
- How to cure an ear infection bump due to gauges?
- How to unclog an infected ear?
- Talk to a dermatologist online