Doctor insights on:
How To Count Calories Do You Count Calories From Fat
A calorie is the amount of heat energy needed to increase a mililiter of water 1 degree centigrade, the calorie we talk about in foods is really a kilocalorie, that is the amount of energy needed to increase a liter of water 1 degree centigrade... So if you eat a food that is 500 calories that food if burned completely has enough energy to heat a liter of ...Read more
Not EXACTLY true . .: Good morning. If you do not eat enough calories to supply your body with the energy that it needs, your body will begin to look for other sources (stored-up carbs., protein and fat). It is easier for your body to use carbs.,and PROTEIN, for energy. Fat is more difficult to convert into energy than protein.So, the PERCENT of body fat (relative to your total weight) may go up, but you don't GAIN fat ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
There are 9: calories per gram of fat.Get a more detailed answer ›
See: An endocrinologist for an evaluation of your metabolism no reason a young person should have to eat so many calories ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to count calories from home cooked meals?
- How do you count a period cycle?
- How do you count points on weight watchers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get a low sperm count?
- Why do you subtract the dietary fiber from the carb count?
- What day do you count your period from?
- Do you count your period from the last day?
- How many calories do you lose from smoking a spliff?