Doctor insights on:
How To Cope With Having An Abortion
Stay strong!: It is a tough period to go through, but remember that you are never alone in this. Friends and family provide good sources of support. If that's not available, there are many agencies that provide support. Speak with your doctor and he or she will gladly give you some resources. If you have any thoughts of harming yourself or others, call your doctor or a crisis hotline right away. Hang in there! ...Read more
Depend on baby's age: The medicine is by prescription, so a woman goes to her Ob-Gyn doctor (or a women's clinic) to be evaluated for it. Whether or not medicine can be used also depends on the age of the baby fetus (the number of weeks pregnant). The doctor will talk with the patient to be sure that the patient is making a good permanent decision, because abortion is a hard decision for any woman to make. ...Read more
Interrupts hormones: Mifepristone (aka ru 486) works by interrupting the pregnancy hormones which support the growth of the growing fetus and placenta. About 48 hours later, another medicine called Misoprostol is taken to help expel the pregnancy. This type of abortion is best done prior to 7 weeks, although sometime can be used even later up to 9 weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to have an at home abortion?
- How do i cope with having a child with birth defects?
- I have hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy how can i cope with this
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do u have an abortion?
- How to have an abortion without a doctor?
- How to make yourself have an abortion?
- How to have a safe abortion at home?
- Talk to a obstetric medicine specialist online for free