Doctor insights on:
How To Care For Circumcision Wounds
Fast Healing: The real question is what not to do that slows down healing. Avoid using alcohol, peroxide, hibiclens, betadine, and bleach solutions. Inflammation ( red, hot, swollen, tender) is important to healing so anti-inflammatories (motrin, advil) are bad. Cover the area with antibiotic ointment twice a day and protected from trauma. Oral antibiotics do not help healing unless it is truly infected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long does it take a baby’s circumcision to heal? After my son has his circumcision, how long will it take the wound to heal?
About a week: Most circumcisions will heal in about a week, depending on the method used. Those done with a plastabell often take a few days longer. ...Read more
EAsy Healing: The key is to prevent trauma to those delicate and tender wound edges and vaseline or another ointment is a nice thought. Apply it in a thin layer around the cut edges as needed. The good news is that area has great blood supply so healing will occur rapidly. ...Read more
Definitely: Contact your surgeon and arrange a visit soon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to care for a circumcision?
- How to care for an open wound?
- How to care for a burn wound?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to care for dialysis patient feeling cold?
- How to care for an underground pimple?
- How to use vaseline to care for a scar?
- How to care for chicken pox?
- Talk to a urologist online for free