Doctor insights on:
How To Bruise
Bruises, or ecchymoses, are a discoloration and tenderness of the skin or mucous membranes due to the leakage of blood from an injured blood vessel into the tissues. Pupura refers to bruising as the result of a disease condition. A very small bruise is called a petechia. These often appear as many tiny red dots clustered together, and could ...Read more
Noticed bruise close to My hip don't know how I bruised. A couple of hours later, I had another bruise and don't know how either. I'm scared!!!
Bruise: For the first 24 hours, i would ice the effected area to minimize the spread of the bruise. After 48 hours, heat may be applied to allow the blood to disperse about the body. The amount of time it takes to heal is highly variable from person to person. ...Read more
Bruise: The amount of time it takes to heal is highly variable from person to person. For the first 24 hours, i would ice the effected area to minimize the spread of the bruise. After 48 hours, heat may be applied to allow the blood to disperse about the body. ...Read more
Don't really: Need to do anything. Your body will slowly absorb them in time. Depending on where the bruise is, if you can elevate the area that can help. Also cold packs may help the bruise from spreading. But to be honest, at the 3 day mark, a superficial bruise is really just going to take time to go away. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to treat a bruised lip?
- How long does it typically take a deep bone bruise to the hand to heal?
- How to get rid of bruises overnight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to heal a bruised nerve fast?
- How to get rid of bruises on face?
- How to treat a bruised thumb?
- How to treat a bruised knee cap?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free