Doctor insights on:
How To Break Down Cough Syrup For Pseudpephedrine
I have a persistant cough that only comes on when I am lying down. I have tried cough syrup, and mucus pills but nothing seems to help
Typically : Typically a cough that occurs from laying down is either from acid in the stomach that refluxes back up into the esophagus and throat causing cough, or from mucous that is a result of allergies that drips from the nose down into the throat while supine, triggering a cough. My advice is to try an anti-acid medication like prilosec, ranitidine, or pepcid, and also take a daily anti-histamine like alavert or claritin. Lastly, it is a good idea to follow up with your doctor for this issue. Best of luck. ...Read more
Dr put me on codiene cough syrup to help calm down my cough and its not helping still up at night coughing head still feels full have sinus pressure?
Cough: Sounds like a viral illness with bronchitis and sinus issues. The cough in bronchitis can go on for a month. if its persistent you should get a chest xray and make sure you dont have pneumonia. You might need antibiotics. For the sinus part, steam, saline sprays and OTC decongestants help ( dont take them late or you will be up all night) ...Read more
Took second dose of cough syrup and hour and a half before I was supposed to by mistake? Is this bad?
Sometimes: Expiration dates are typically meant to be used as a guideline for how long the ingredients are considered "shelf-stable." you can often safely use things that have expired for about 6 months past their date but if you are unsure you should ask your physician or your pharmacist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for tooth infection swelling to go down?
- How long does it take for a swollen lip to go down?
- How long should it take for lip swelling to go down from allergic reaction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for swollen to go down in hand after surgery?
- How long for swelling to go down after liposuction?
- How long does it take for skin infection swelling to go down?
- How to get prescribed cough syrup?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free