Doctor insights on:
How To Avoid Ectopic Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Will IVF help woman to avoid ectopic pregnancy or does it increase chance? If her chances do increase, HOW does IVF increase her risk?
My first transfer resulted in ectopic pregnancy. Is there anything i could do to avoid this from happening in my upcoming frozen embryo transfer?
10-20% chance: About 1 in every 50 pregnancies is an ectopic pregnancy (2% of all pregnancies). Depending on a variety of factors including age, cause of ectopic, and how the initial ectopic pregnancy was managed, the chance of having another ectopic pregnancy is about 10-20%. Hope this helps and wish you the best going forward. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Out of place pregnan: Ectopic literally means out of place in greek. It is the term used to describe reproductive accidents where the fertilized egg implants outside the endometrial cavity that is prepared to support it. The most common site is the fallopian tube (>90%), followed by more rare and catastrophic locations, including the ovary, cervix, abdominal cavity. Any of those types can prove life-threatening! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Surgery and meds: Depending on the size and age of the ectopic, sometimes medications can be given that will cause it to reabsorb into a woman's body and surgery will not be needed. If it is too large, or if it has ruptured, surgery will be necessary to remove the pregnancy and stop any bleeding. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to avoid overeating during pregnancy?
- How to avoid down syndrome during pregnancy?
- Describe how chlamydial infections can lead to ectopic pregnancies and blindness
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to calculate safe period to avoid pregnancy?
- How many weeks can you be to have a ectopic pregnancy?
- How to get pregnant after ectopic pregnancy?
- How to avoid autism during pregnancy?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online