Doctor insights on:
How To Assess For A Sprain Strain Wrist
Is it possible to sprain/strain ur wrist if you haven't participated in any type of physical activity that cause sprains/strains?
My 12 year old daughter hurt her wrist in gym class. It's not swollen, and she has full rom. Could be strained/sprained, does she need to see a doc?
R.I.C.E.: This is the recommended treatment for sprains/strains the first 3 days. Rice: rest, ice, compression & elevation. Give it a rest. Ice at least 30 min. 3-4 times a day, never directly on skin, in plastic bag over a towel or clothing. Compression, wrap with an ace bandage, not too tight. Elevation, prop it up on pillows, to raise it above the level of the heart. If symptoms persist, see a doctor. ...Read more
U would have an-: -injury & it would hurt with movement & early on @ rest. Gradually after a few days it would improve. If it is a more serious strain there's swelling, more painful, & doesn't clear up fast. Then U could have an occult Fx. In any case a non clearing painful strain of the wrist needs eval & images by an ortho. ...Read more
Depends: Mild strain maybe a couple weeks but moderate to severe strains take longer. The real question is what was injured. If things don't get better by two weeks or if pain is severe, it should be checked. ...Read more
Sprained my wrist playing hockey the other night, would i benefit from taping it for future games until its fully healed?
Returning to play...: Before returning to play make sure you have full motion & good strength in your wrist. Once you are ready, taping/ bracing would be a good idea for extra support. Keep in mind that there are several ways to tape a wrist & the best method for you should provide support for injured structures, not put excessive strain on them. Remember: persistent pain may indicate that you need an x-ray/ mri. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to have a shower with a bandage for a sprained wrist?
- How long does it take a wrist sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it usually take for a back strain muscle to heal?
- How long will it take for a broken wrist to heal?
- How long does it take for a knee sprain to heal?
- How long will it take for a hip avulsion fracture and a hip strain to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free