Doctor insights on:
How Successful Is Taking Albendazole Against Pinworm
Pinworms is a condition in which a person (often young children, sometimes parents of young children) has little parasites called pinworms in his large intestine and his poop. Pinworms are threadlike worms about half an inch long, causing the main symptom of butt-itching or butt-scratching in kids. Treatment is usually ...Read more
YouCanNotSeePinworms: You can not see coming out of your anus as the fmale worm only come out around the anus at night and you can only see at night with a flash light.The white hair-thin worm ionly 10 mm long (male are average 3 mm) and can be seen without microscope But most of the time we use a scotch tape which will pick up eggs at night from around the anus as the worm lays eggs and get it examined under the scope ...Read more
Yes: It is effective (off-label use) - usually given 400 mg single dose and then 2nd dose in 2 weeks. ...Read more
Yes: Not only normal, but expected. The antihelminthic kills the worms and eggs, the females no longer can crawl out of the anus to deposit their eggs, so no more itch. ...Read more
Repeat a second dose: The first dose is very effective but remember to repeat the dose 2 weeks later to achieve almost 100% cure rate to prevent reinfection. The eggs can stay alive on cool surface like linen, bed sheet sofa etc. For 2 weeks. Be sure to wash them, clip nails, wash hands with soap and water often. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long after albenza can I start taking over-the-counter pin x for reassurance i've gotten rid of pinworms?
Albenza: Anytime you wish to.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How effective is albendazole for pinworms?
- How common is dark urine when taking metronidazole?
- How long is flu contagious after taking tamiflu?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How successful is surgery in the treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome?
- How successful is physical therapy in the treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome?
- How is rotating patients effective against bedsores?
- How bad is the radiation when taking xrays at a dental clinic when your pregnant?
- Talk to a pediatrician online