Doctor insights on:
How Strong Is Valium Or Diazepam
Strong based on dose: Diazepam is usually prescribed in 2.5, 5 or 10 mg doses. The effect of the medication is dose dependent. It is a "rescue" mediciation, not a controller. If you are panicky, it will help you to relax. But there are medications which can help to prevent those anxious feelings in the first place, ssris. Never use diazepam with alcohol! ...Read more
Valium (diazepam) is an older benzodiazepine tranquilizer. It was the #1 prescribed drug (of any kind) in the us in the late 1960s but is used less now due to drug interactions and active metabolites. It is still used for anxiety and as "pre-medication" for uncomfortable medical and minor surgical procedures. It is habit-forming, should not be used with alcohol, ...Read more
I don't understand?: I'm not really understanding your question, since valium is not "useless." the basic drug has a 30-60 hour half-life, and it has psychoactive breakdown products . This is one of the problems with it, especially in older people: it can build up and create longer-lasting sedation & cognitive issues than expected or desired. Tolerance can happen -- habituation, addiction, & withdrawal syndrome too. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Valium: Depending on how long u have been taking it. Roughly up to 100 hours. ...Read more
Yes, but no alcohol: Diazepam will help to deal with anxiety about flying. Do not take with alcohol. It would also be helpful to have a guided imagery recording on your ipod, which will help you to relax more naturally. If you must fly often, you should consider working with a therapist to de-sensitize yourself and work on your phobia. ...Read more
Yes you do : Must see a doctor.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if this kidney pain is dehydration or a kidney infection?
- How to make out weather a girl is virgin or not?
- How dangerous is it to drink a beer or so if i take sleeping pills?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can we know if it was a baby tooth or an adult tooth that is loose?
- How soon before oral sex is ok for you to eat pineapples or strawberries?
- Which is stronger advair or flovent
- How do you tell if a cough is due to lung congestion or just sinus drainage?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free