Doctor insights on:
How Soon Should I Return To Work After Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves placement of a small camera-scope into the abdominal cavity, most often at the belly button. This allows us to see and surgically rx many abdominal and pelvic diseases. This is combined with distinction of the abd cavity with co2 gas to create more space to work. This usually requires a general anesthetic, yet most people can go ...Read more
I had a laparoscopy done on Tuesday. I am due to return to work as a flight attendant on Sunday. I am concerned by this as I still have all stitches.
Call the surgeon for: Calling the surgeon will more likely get a pertinent answer to your concern since s/he knows more about your individual situations of disorders and procedures. In general, as long as being tolerable with pain, getting better without fever, & understanding realistic expectation as counseled before procedures, the stitches should not pose an hindrance for returning to work. Best wish... ...Read more
I work as flight attendant lifting heavy containers, how long can I go back to work after dermoid ovarian ( with endometriosis ) laparoscopy?Thanks
Minimally Invasive: Laparoscopy is a technique of performing surgical procedures where the surgeon uses a series of small incisions through which instruments and a camera are placed in order to perform a variety of operations. Carbon dioxide gas is used to fill the abdominal cavity in order to create room to see and maneuver the instruments, then removed and absorbed into the body at the end of the operation. ...Read more
They can: Cysts, where ovarian, hepatic, mesenteric or otherwise can recur. It is unfortunate, but known. Best to discuss this with your surgeon and surgical team at the risk/benefit analysis appointment. For ovarian and hepatic cysts there are criteria to help determine this risk and guide indications for surgical intervention versus monitoring. Be well. ...Read more
A few days: I allow patients to return to work in 2-3 days if their jobs aren't physically demanding. For extensive surgery like laps/myomectomy longer may be advisable. Most patients feel good quickly, although minor aches and pains may continue. Surgeons, myself included, are opinionated: you need to ask yours what he/she prefers. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i wait to return to work after a laparoscopy for endometriosis?
- Return to work after laparoscopy
- How long after elbow fracture should i return to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long to wait before returning to work after laparoscopy for an ovary removed?
- How soon after the treatment can i return to normal activity?
- How soon after enucleation surgery can i return to normal activity?
- How long should i wait to return to work after having a major hamstring rupture?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free