Doctor insights on:
How Soon Can You Test For Herpes
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Herpes testing: There are two ways to test for herpes. The first is to directly swab the lesion during an outbreak to detect the virus. This is the most definitive but only can be done during an outbreak. The second is a blood test for HSV 2 IgG antibody. This confirms a past exposure. A pap smear is a screening test for precancerous cells of the cervix and is not related to herpes. ...Read more
Depends on the test: So we have a couple of tests.One is a polymerase chain reaction test (PCR) for herpes that we get when we scrap the lesion.Another test is a blood test that detects the body's antibody response to an infection by the Herpes Virus.Regarding the PCR test it is very accurate but it depends on getting a good DNA sample from the scraping.The blood test depends on the antibody response time. DNA better. ...Read more
Wait for tests: It can be as short as 1 day or ir the test must be sent out to a lab outside your facility then 2-4 days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon can herpes be detected in a blood test?
- How soon can you be tested for herpes?
- How soon can you test positive for a pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Earliest time to test for pregnancy
- How soon can you take a pregnacy test?
- How soon can you take a pregnancy test?
- How soon after ovulation can you test?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free