Doctor insights on:
How Soon Can You Have Sex Hip Replacement
Total hip replacement: surgery in which the diseased ball and socket of the hip joint are completely removed and replaced with artificial materials. A metal ball with a stem (a prosthesis) is inserted into the femur (thigh bone) and an artificial plastic cup socket is placed in the acetabulum (a "cup-shaped" ...Read more
Ask your hip surgeon: Your hip replacement surgeon will know best exactly which positions are safe for your hip, so definitely ask your surgeon in the end. In general, the same guidelines provided to you by your therapist and surgeon regarding safe positions for all activities of daily living also apply to positions during sexual activity. Commonly, patients are told to avoid bending forward at the hip past 90 degrees. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Preop hip : Eat healthy, don't go on a diet, stop smoking if you smoke, get your blood levels checked and treat any underlying anemia, have yourself checked for staphylococcus colonization and get decolonized as needed, use hibiclens wipes, clean up your house to make sure its safe when you get home. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Improved pain!: Everyone progresses differently after surgery. For the most part, patients transition from a walker to a cane by 2 to 4 weeks after surgery. Hip precautions are removed by 6 weeks. Return to driving and work between 4-6 weeks. Contact your doctor to learn more! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Couples often worry about having sex during pregnancy. They may be afraid that having sex could cause a miscarriage or harm the baby. It is best to talk to your doctor or nurse midwife about your specific situation to make sure you are considered at low risk for complications such a ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon after a hip replacement can you have sex?
- How soon can you have sex after hip replacement?
- How soon can you have sex after giving birth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon after sex do you have pregnancy symptoms?
- How soon can a man have sex after a bladder infection?
- How soon can you get pregnant symptoms after sex?
- How soon after sex can you feel pregnancy symptoms?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free