Doctor insights on:
How Soon Can I Expect To Drive After A Double Knee Replacement
How long after double knee replacement surgery will I likely be released to be able to drive? I want to have realistic expectations.
3 months: You'll be in the hospital 3-5 days. Then either to rehab facility or home with therapy continuing all along. You'll be walking within 1-2 weeks with a walker. The walker will continue 3-4 weeks then conversion to cane or nothing at all. Therapy will continue in 2nd month for range of motion and strength. Improved walking tolerance and stamina is expected in the 3rd month. ...Read more
Should i donate blood. I'm 79 and in the pst year have had double knee replacement and l4-l5 fusion?
Blood donation: The red cross has establish criteria for blood donation. For a surgery goes their statement is as follows: " it is not necessarily surgery but the underlying condition that precipitated the surgery that requires evaluation before donation. Evaluation is on a case by case basis. You should discuss your particular situation with the health historian at the time of donation." however, if you received a blood transfusion during any of your surgeries you have to wait 12 months. Lastly there is no upper limit as far as age goes you just have to be healthy enough to meet the other requirements. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My mother, who is 82 had a knee replacement and now cannot walk or drive because she has no feeling in her toes or feet. Is this normal?
On june 10 th I have knee replacement. My knee doesn't respond as well as i expect. It doesn't flex enough. I will have knee manipulation. What is this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon can i fly after knee replacement surgery?
- How soon can i drive after i have bariatric surgery?
- How soon can i drive after hernia surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon after i contract an std can i expect to see symptoms?
- How long is a person typically immobile after getting a double knee replacement?
- How soon after a hip replacement can you have sex?
- How soon can you have sex after hip replacement?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free