Doctor insights on:
How Soon After Your Period Do You Ovulate
Depends: Ovulation typically takes place 14 days prior to the menstrual cycle. Therefore, in a 28 day cycle, ovulation usually happens at approximately day 14. In women who have cycles greater than 28 days, ovulation will take place later than day 14. In women with cycles shorter than 28 days, ovulation will take place earlier than day 14. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Day 14 but it varies: In an ideal 28-day cycle ovulation occurs 14 days after the first day (CD 14) of the last menstrual period. In real life, most of us have seen apparently normal ovulations between day 11 and maybe 15-16. For women with regular but longer cycles, let's use 35 days as an example, best guess is usually 35-14= cycle-day 21. With irregular cycles, there is no general reliable rule of thumb. ...Read more
You count backwards: from your next anticipated period. Take number of days long your cycle and subtract 14. If you have a 28 day cycle - you would ovulate on day #14. If you have a 30 day cycle you would ovulate on day #16. Etc. ...Read more
Usually 14 days: Usually, a woman ovulates 14 days before her period. Life is not exact, so there can be variations, but 8 days sounds a bit short. ...Read more
If I have a 28 day cycle is it possible that i can ovulate earlier than i expect, do you know how soon i could ovulate after a period?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon after ovulation do you get your period?
- How soon after your period do you get ovulation pain?
- How soon after your period do you start ovulating?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many days after your period ends do you ovulate?
- How many days after your period do you ovulate?
- How many days after your period do you start ovulating?
- How many days after your period starts do you ovulate?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free