Doctor insights on:
How Soon After Quitting Smoking Will The Shortness Of Breath Go Away
Varies: It depends on a lot of things. How long you have been smoking, whether there is a lot of acute inflammation or infection, what the exact factors are in the shortness of breath, are all factors that could influence the result. Unless there has been a lot of irreversible damage to the lungs, you should eventually note improvement. For sure, stopping smoking is your best chance to improve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Smoking any tobacco product is harmful to your baby, including "light" cigarettes, cigars (and marijuana). Like any addiction, quitting tobacco is difficult, especially if you are acting alone. Most smokers find it hard to break all the habits or ties they've built into their lives around smoking. Quitting smoking does reduce a number of ...Read more
Can you tell me what to expect with someone who has had strong shortness of breath after quitting smoking for 2 weeks?
Should get better: But it is common for cough and sputum production to increase after stopping smoking, because your lungs are now able to clean themselves out from the crud you have been putting down there. The coughing can feel like shortness of breath. Don"t start again because of this. You will feel better and better after a few weeks, and the health effects will be the best thing you can do for yourself. ...Read more
Is it common to be short of breath and have excessive mucus production even two months after quitting smoking?
I've recently quit smoking two months ago. I have shortness of breath daily. I am 31 years old and smoked fifteen years. Will the feeling go away?
smoking: If you haven't smoked long enough to get permanent damage to the lungs, the shortness of breath can go away. ...Read more
More than 46 million, nearly 21% of adults in the United States, smoke, according to a 2010 report by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Smoking rates remained constant from 2005 - 2009. Smoking kills more than 5 million people a year worldwide, accounting for 1 out of ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after rituxan treatment will the side effects go away?
- How fast can i make my shortness of breath and fever go away?
- How long when i quit smoking will leukoplakia go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Shortness of breath after quitting smoking
- How long for leukoplakia to go away after quiting smoking?
- How long after a flea bites does the spot go away?
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free