Doctor insights on:
How Soon After Overdosing On Acetaminophen Does Jaundice Appear
Jaundice is also known as Yellow Eyes And Skin. Jaundice is the accumulation in the body of bilirubin. Normally it is excreted by the liver, via the bile. For a lot of different reasons, sometimes the bilirubin can accumulate. The most common reasons are a problem with the liver or the bile duct. This can make the skin and/or the whites of the eyes turn yellow. If this occurs, see your ...Read more
I mistakenly took 4.5 g overdose of acetimenophen over 96 hrs ago. Should i be in the clear? I have pinching pain 2 in under rt rib but no jaundice
See doctor: It is hard to say; the tylenol nomogram for toxicity was based on a 7g single dose. Taking 4.5 grams over the course of a day is higher than recommended, but with no symptoms, there's not likely anything to do (especially 96 hours out). The risk also greatly increases with any liver disease. If you are concerned, see your doctor for lft tests to make sure everything is clear. ...Read more
No: No you cannot. However, the damage to your liver may manifest later. As you can see from the nomogram, hepatic toxicity can be seen hours after the ingestion. ...Read more
96+ hours: Depends on dos, but with severe od death can be as soon as 96 hours. ...Read more
Very Very Serious: One of the most common overdoses in the country is acetamenophen overdose. Every day there are ICU over the country with patient overdosed on this drug. It causes liver failure and and death. Sadly this is all due to an over the counter drug. Acetamenophen should be used cautiously, carefully and for it's intended purpose. See care immediatley if you suspect your have overdosed on this med. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon does skin cancer appear after being exposed to uv rays?
- How much does it take to overdose on acetaminophen?
- How long does it take to die from acetaminophen overdose poisoning?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon after eating does the stomach empty?
- How soon after ovulation does an opk become negative?
- How soon does hair grow back after taxol?
- How soon after getting herpes do the sores appear?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free