Doctor insights on:
How Soon After Getting Herpes Do
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
From herpes viruses: A person can get herpes from another person's fresh herpes sores. The other person may have sores on his or her genitals, lips, fingers, etc..., and transmit viruses by touching the uninfected person. Sometimes, infected persons can transmit herpes even when they don't have visible fresh herpes sores, so prevention is not always possible. Most adults have had oral herpes, as it is so common. ...Read more
Sexual contact.: Herpes infections are actually very common. By the time you are sexually active, there is about a 40% chance that you have been exposed to herpes type 1 or 2. Most people you have herpes will not know it, yet they can transmit it to others. Some people actually get an outbreak and rarely some individuals get frequent outbreaks. Limit your sexual partners to as few as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon after getting herpes do the sores appear?
- How soon after you ovulate do you get your period?
- How soon do women usually get morning sickness after conceiving?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon after your period do you get ovulation pain?
- How soon after an abortion do you get a regular period again?
- How soon after conception do you get pregnancy symptoms?
- How soon after an abortion do you get a normal period again?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free