Doctor insights on:
Taking A Pregnancy Test After Conception
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
10 - 14days: With sensitive quantitative blood tests, the test can start to be positive at 10 days and always by 14days after conception. The problem is knowing when conception is in most cases. Urine tests start showing positive at 13-14days and most would be positive at 18days. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It varies: It varies, according to the brand. Some brands are more sensitive than others and give earlier results. To be "safe", it's best to wait at least two weeks after conception. ...Read more
After missed period: Conception, as defined by the generation of a fertilized ovum, occurs within day or so of the sex. However, it takes about two weeks for the embryo to make enough HCG to produce a positive pregnancy test. Blood test may be done a day after a missed period. Home pregnancy tests should be done 4-5 days after the missed period. Use first morning urine and follow instructions for the test carefully. ...Read more
Up to 2 weeks: It generally takes several days for your urinary levels of HCG to get elevated enough to be detected, but it can take as much as 2 wks. Over-the-counter tests aren't always as sensitive as tests at your doctor's office, but even those usually take at least a few days after you're late to turn positive. Recheck a week or two later if you're late for your period & suspect you might be pregnant. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon after conception can i do a pregnancy test?
- How soon after conception can i take a pregnancy test?
- How soon can you take a pregnancy test after conception?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon can you get a positive pregnancy test after conception?
- How soon after conception is a pregnancy test accurate?
- How soon after conception will a pregnancy test show positive?
- How soon can you feel pregnancy symptoms after conception?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online