Doctor insights on:
How Shy Can One Be Before Shyness Be Classified As A Mental Illness
All about function: Shyness is a part of personality - the outward appearance of internal feeling. Everyone is perhaps shy or hesitant to share personal aspects of their life. Shyness and a shy personality only become a disorder or illness when they persistently interfere with function. If a person functions well then their shyness is not an illness. ...Read more
No: Shyness is not a psychiatric diagnosis, though some disorders can present as or lead to shyness, especially anxiety disorders. An informal term of "pathological shyness" refers to someone so shy in so many situations and to such an extent that it impairs function; often, such people have a fairly severe anxiety disorder or other condition that, if treated, would make the shyness less severe. ...Read more
Is shyness something one can grow out of... I'm Extremely Shy to the point of coming of rude.. What can I do? :/
How can I get rid from shyness and worrying?! im getting ciprelax 10 mg once a day but even im better than before I get worry of a lot of things.
Impairment: Most of us are shy in at least some settings. If you are shy but it doesn't interfere with how you live your life, don't worry about it. It shyness starts to rule--avoiding situations, refusing to go somewhere you really want to go, becoming a "homebody, " then it well may be more than just shyness and time to seek help with a professional. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How late can a period be before you should worry?
- How long can a kidney stone be stuck in my ureter before any damage is done?
- How long can a person be in a coma before they cannot recover?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many months does a baby have to be before you can hold them on your menstral?
- Can a child be diagnosed with a mental illness or personality disorder?
- How soon can a knee manipulation be done if the previous one failed?
- Can blindness be a result of mental illness?
- Talk to a psychologist online for free