Top
20
Doctor insights on: How Should You Treat Clorox Fume Exposure

Share
1

1
How should you treat clorox fume exposure?

How should you treat clorox fume exposure?

Clorox fumes: Immedicaztely get away from exposure and get into fresh air. If in respiratory distress call 011 or get to emergency room for treatment. ...Read more

2

2
How do you treat black mold exposure?

How do you treat black mold exposure?

Avoid it: If a person is allergic to it, there are medictaions such as inhaled or oral steroids as well as antihistamines and leukotriene inhibitors. However of the patient has not sensitivity of allergy to mold there will likely be no consequence for exposure. ...Read more

4

4
I inhaled mold and i'm curious if mold spores can cause damage to my lungs if i inhale daily. Can immune system handle it or i will get infection ?

Depends: Mold spores are in the air everywhere. It depends on what type of mold, how much and if you have any existing lung disorder. A normal immune system can usually handle mold spores, but allergic reactions may occur with normal immune system. If you have any respiratory symptoms, it would be prudent to see your doctor. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. ...Read more

5

5
Fiberglass exposure, will i be okay?

Fiberglass exposure, will i be okay?

Most likely: Fiberglas is inert glass and can be very irritating to the skin and eyes. However it is not toxic and will work it s way out. So you should be ok. ...Read more

6

6
How can you treat a wound using household items?

How can you treat a wound using household items?

Superfast healing: The real question is what not to do that slows down healing. Avoid using alcohol, peroxide, hibiclens, betadine, and bleach solutions. Inflammation ( red, hot, swollen, tender) is important to healing so anti-inflammatories (motrin, advil) are bad. Cover the area with a clean dressing changed every other day and protected from trauma. Antibiotics do not help healing unless it is truly infected. ...Read more

8

8
Can you tell me how is a person's exposure to radiation routinely checked?

Can you tell me how is a person's exposure to radiation routinely checked?

No routine check: People at risk for radiation exposure usually wear badges. If you were not wearing a badge, you can test your white blood cells for radiation damage. This is not cheap or routine though. ...Read more

9

9
How does someone know if they have rust poisoning? Would antibacterial soap get rid of infection

How does someone know if they have rust poisoning? Would antibacterial soap get rid of infection

Are you saying...: ...That you cut yourself with a rusty blade, or stepped on a rusty nail? If so, you'll need a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in ~5 years. Soap (antibacterial or otherwise) will help cleanse the wound, but if the object is rusty it's probably dirty too, so infection is a real possibility. See your doctor. Btw, there is no such thing as "rust poisoning.". ...Read more

See 2 more doctor answers
10

10
Asthmatics: how to clean your home without being expose to allergens that causes your asthma to get bad?

Asthmatics: how to clean your home without being expose to allergens that causes your asthma to get bad?

Use HEPA filters: Good vacuum cleaners have a hepa filter in their exhaust line to remove allergens before they get kicked up in the air; you should get a vacuum cleaner of this type. Wearing a dust mask while you clean, and a carbon-filter mask if your asthma is triggered by fumes from cleaning chemicals, will help as well. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
11

11
Can you tell me if a severe case of fiberglass exposure to your skin can kill you?

Can you tell me if a severe case of fiberglass exposure to your skin can kill you?

No: You're tougher than to be killed by exposure of skin to an inert substance like fiberglass. ...Read more

12

12
How long can HCV survive at room temperature ? I ask because I ordered a personal care item and want to know if I should disinfect it before use.

How long can HCV survive at room temperature ?  I ask because I ordered a personal care item and want to know if I should disinfect it before use.

No risk, no worries: A newly ordered "personal care item" certainly would not have been used previously. And any HCV will have died from drying. But there's no risk regardless of how long HCV might survive, unless the item is an injection device. Contrary to common beliefs, HCV is rarely if ever transmitted sexually except in gay men by traumatic (bloody) anal sex. But if you'll feel better disinfecting it, feel free. ...Read more

13

13
How often should you wash a dildo to avoid infection?

How often should you wash a dildo to avoid infection?

I would think: one would want to wash it after each use. ...Read more

14

14
Can you die from spray paint fumes exposure for 20 to 30 min?

 Can you die  from spray paint fumes exposure for 20 to 30 min?

Spray paint death: hello ~ no probably not but you will feel nauseous and have a headache and difficulty breathing. You need a proper OSHA recommended respirator when you spray paint, and its recommended because failure to use one has serious long and short term effects. Use a RESPIRATOR! thanks ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
15

15
What can happen if u inhale bleach or to much bleach fronm cleaning ?

What can happen  if u inhale bleach or to much bleach fronm cleaning ?

Inhaling bleach: Bleach is a respiratory irritant. It releases chlorine gas at the cell level. Chlorine gas is a direct cell toxin. It will cause coughing can cause chest pain and can cause fluid accumulation in the lungs. Its not something you should be doing on a regular basis. - use plenty of ventilaton and never mix bleach and ammonia - that will really cause problems. ...Read more

16

16
How do you clean your home without being exposed to allergens that causes your asthma to get worse?

How do you clean your home without being exposed to allergens that causes your asthma to get worse?

Respiratory protect: First, don't use noxious chemicals in closed spaces, second, wear an n95 mask or other adequate face mask to keep dust out of you airway, and third, don't wait so long to clean. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
17

17
How can I clean up. Mold spores without just stirring them around more and what if anything to use besides bleach?how can I kill mold spores?

Get a service: If the area involved is rather small , you may attempt to clean it up with bleach then drying by taking the proper precautions (face mask, goggles) unless you are highly allergic to molds. Any material especially dry walls & particle boards contaminated must be removed. The source of water must be corrected. For any area larger than a few square feet, it is best to get a professional to do it. ...Read more

18

18
I bought some Nix (permethrin) Cream Rinse with 1% Permethrin. How long do I need to keep it on my skin to treat scabies? Or is it strong enough to kill them?

I bought some Nix (permethrin) Cream Rinse with 1% Permethrin. How long do I need to keep it on my skin to treat scabies? Or is it strong enough to kill them?

Scabies treamtment: the recommended treat for scabies is 5% pernethrin in a cream form for 12hour, The cream rinse would not be enough, also worry about exposure to the solvant . I will not use it, also make sure diagnosis is correct . ...Read more

19

19
How to know if you been exposed to mold spores?

Always exposed: Fungal spores (mold) are normally found in the air outside and inside houses. In humid areas, such as Dallas, fungal spores can range into more than 10,000 per cubic meter. In arid areas, such as the southwest deserts, they usually do not exceed 2000. Problems arise when people are allergic to mold or have water damage in the house leading to extreme increases of mold inside. www.aaaai.org ...Read more

20

20
How much concrete dust would you have to inhale to get acute silicosis and how long of an exposure must it be? I mean acute not chronic silicosis

How much concrete dust would you have to inhale to get acute silicosis and how long of an exposure must it be? I mean acute not chronic silicosis

OHSA PEL: or Permissible Exposure Limits are 0.1mg/cubic meter over 8 hours. Stationary masonry saws without dust controls like wet sawing can generate 20 times this amount. With no respirator or dust controls, sufficient exposure for acute silicosis might result in as little as 4-6 weeks of 40 hours/week. Visible dust is no indicator since those particles are too large to reach lungs. ...Read more