Doctor insights on:
How Should You Sleep After Shoulder Dislocation Reduction
A glenohumeral dislocation occurs when the head of humeus displaces in relationship to the glenoid fossa. Most glenohumeral dislocations occur when the humerus slips forward (anterior) on the fossa. A disocated shoulder must be reduced, & a post-reduction x-ray is necessary to check for any fractures/ ensure proper realignment. Dislocations may also cause soft tissue ...Read more
Anything Comfortable: You should just listen to your body and sleep in a comfortable position. Your doc and/or physical therapist may have some more specific suggestions depending on the specifics of your injury but comfort is a good guide. (most will find laying on their back with their arm resting on a pillow. Some, who cannot sleep on their back, find using a recliner and pillow to work well.). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends...: The way that shoulders are reduced is dependent on the direction it has dislocated. Many shoulder dislocations will reduce spontaneously as your are moving around on your way to the emergency room. If the shoulder is still dislocated in the emergency room, the reduction maneuver chosen by the doctor will be based on the xray findings. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Age/activity dictate: The risk of sustaining a recurrent shoulder dislocation is higher in the adolescent than the young adult. Recurrence risk continues to decrease with increasing age. Contact sports and overall shoulder muscle weakness and poor rotator cuff musculature rehabilitation are also poor prognostic indicators. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See : Ortho. Don't ask for drugs.Get a more detailed answer ›
Dislocation is a condition in which a bone has come out of place from a joint, usually due to a sports injury, a fall, a bike/car accident, or a birth defect. The dislocated joint can have its out-of-place bone put back into proper position, but further treatment may be needed ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a good sleeping position after shoulder dislocation?
- Can you work out after a shoulder dislocation?
- What physical therapy exercises should i do after a shoulder dislocation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Nerve damage after shoulder dislocation
- Exercises to avoid after a shoulder dislocation
- How to sleep after shoulder surgery?
- Should i go to the gym and workout after my shoulder joint dislocation is healed
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free