Doctor insights on:
How Should One Empty A Colostomy Bag From A Chair
If it is an elective: Operation, only rarely, depends on location of abnormality for which the colectomy is being done. If you need to have a complete procto-colectomy, yes, you would need a permanent colostomy. In all other cases, a colostomy would usually be a temporary one, even if necessary. If it is a right hemi-colectomy or an ileo-colectomy, chances of a stoma are very low. Ask your surgeon for specifics. ...Read more
Hug a colostomy pt.: Colostomy patients need a hug every now & then too. The colostomy appliance & seal, volume of effluent in the bag, & location of the ostomy may alter where & how hard you want to squeeze when hugging. Seriously, don't worry about it but share your reservations with the person needing the hug (they can empty their bag beforehand to allay your concern), position appropriately, & hug away! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Emptying a colostomy bag
- How to empty a urinary drainage bag?
- How to swim with a g tube and colostomy bag?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long one should sleep?
- How one dies from emphysema?
- How do i keep my tailbone from hurting if sitting in hard chair all day?
- How much calcium supplement should one take?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online