Doctor insights on:
How Should I Sleep After Back Surgery
However is : Comfortable generally avoiding sleeping on your stomach for neck or back surgery. Some prefer having a pillow under their knees or a large pillow to use and hold if lying on either side with a relatively flat pillow to support the head keeping it in line with the shoulders. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had back surgery 4 yrs ago for scitica but recently my legs get stiff while sitting, driving and sleeping causing burning and sweat in my legs?
Repeat lumbar MRI: You probably had a laminotomy i would guess. The symptoms, eg. Stiffness burning sweating, are atypical for lumbar radiculopathy. Repeat lumbar MRI with contrast to rule out another stenosis situation. Treatment would be an anti-inflammatory like Motrin for 1 month and re-assess. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many types!: Exercise for your back is vitally important after surgery. The kind of exercise varies based on the type of surgery but generally speaking: stretching and core strengthening, more pecifically yoga and pilates are good choices. That doesn't mean you can't play golf or tennis it just means you should be focusing some time specifically on your back (and core). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What surgery: That is definately a question for your surgeon he/she fixed you up, and only the surgeon knows the right time to wait after surgery. Having said that there are some surgeries after which you should not return to the wieight bench. Your surgeon can guide you do not become a couch potato regardless. Do less impact exrcise often. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: This depends on how long & severe the compression was as well as the underlying "health" of the nerve-the age of the person, is diabetes involved, a vitamin deficiency, a prior injury or surgery to that nerve, toxic exposure- all play role in prognosis or ability of the nerve to "heal" over time. For most, pain is usually alleviated once nerve is decompressed, but neurologic recovery is variable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i wait to start working out after back surgery?
- Generally how long should i wait after my hernia surgery before exercise
- How many days after volar ganglion cyst surgery can i go back to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should it take for nerves to heal after back surgery?
- How long should i wait after having gall bladder surgery to lay on my stomach?
- How long should i wait to go back to work after pneumonia?
- How long should i have pain after endoscopic sinus surgery?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free