Doctor insights on:
How Should I Fully Prepare For My Renal Ultrasound
See: Radiologyinfo.Org for information about your ultrasound.Get a more detailed answer ›
An ultraound, also known as a sonogram, is a painless and relatively inexpensive imaging test that utilizes sound waves instead of ionizing radiation. There are no side effects. Ultrasound can give us two-dimensional, and in some applications three-dimensional, images of structures and organs in virtually any part of the body. In addition to diagnostic uses, such as evaluating abnormalities in the abdomen, pelvis, and breast, ultrasounds are commonly used to guide needle and catheter placement in a variety of surgical ...Read more
Using sound waves : Renal us uses sound waves to pass through the tissues to make black and white images of the kidney tissue and urinary bladder. It is painless and uses no dye. It takes about 20 minutes to perform and is interpretted by a licsenced doctor called a radiologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Kidneys: Both kidneys.Get a more detailed answer ›
Kidney health: Usually a kidney sonogram will show if there is an obstruction to the kidney flow, will tell if kidney disease is a chronic one and will show cysts, masses and kidney stones if present. Sometimes it may show congenital anomalies of the urinary tract. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i fully prepare for renal artery angioplasty with stent?
- How should i prepare myself for day surgery to remove breast lump?
- Will i have to undress fully when i have my medical
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I cant face dealing with the loss of my parents how can i prepare
- How many glasses of water a day should i drink if renal failure?
- How to prepare for an ultrasound study of an abdominal aorta aneurysm?
- How to prepare for an ultrasound to find out the gender of a baby?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free