Doctor insights on:
How Should I Fully Prepare For My Renal Ultrasound
See: Radiologyinfo.Org for information about your ultrasound.Get a more detailed answer ›
The sonogram is a test that looks at body organs with no radiation. It uses sound waves and can give us a 2 dimensional view of organs such as the kidney, liver, heart, and lungs. It can define spaces that are either solid or full of fluid. I can also guide large needles into an organ or near the spine, and can help define the area being cut open. Its a ...Read more
Using sound waves : Renal us uses sound waves to pass through the tissues to make black and white images of the kidney tissue and urinary bladder. It is painless and uses no dye. It takes about 20 minutes to perform and is interpretted by a licsenced doctor called a radiologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Kidney health: Usually a kidney sonogram will show if there is an obstruction to the kidney flow, will tell if kidney disease is a chronic one and will show cysts, masses and kidney stones if present. Sometimes it may show congenital anomalies of the urinary tract. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Kidneys: Both kidneys.Get a more detailed answer ›
Renal ultrasound.: Renal ultrasound can find blockages of the urine in the urinary tract or bladder, blockages of the arteries the feed the kidneys blood, kidney size, kidney cysts (and polycystic kidney disease), sometimes but not always kidney stones, and kidney tumors.Since it uses sound waves to create images of the kidney, it is safe, but operator dependent and the images are subject to erroneous interpretation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i fully prepare for renal artery angioplasty with stent?
- How often should i check for the iud string in my vagina?
- How much should i weigh for my height in kg?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- For my age and height how much should i weigh
- How heavy should i be for my age and height?
- How much should i weigh for my age calculator?
- How much should i weigh for my height and frame?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free