Doctor insights on:
How Should I Feel After Passing Kidney Stone
Experienced my 2nd kidney stone yesterday. How can I prevent passing another? I'm 26 years old, and yesterday i passed a kidney stone. This was my second experience with a kidney stone, as i also passed one about 15-months ago. As anybody that has experie
Diet modification: You can have your urine analyzed for kidney stone risk factors. My usual recommendations are 1) increase plain water to at least 2 liters a day 2) decrease sodium intake 3) decrease animal protein intake 4) add a teaspoon of real lemon juice to diet daily. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Possibly: Yes, it is possible. It depends on the size of the stone that was passed and the amount of irritation that it caused during its passage. Some stones have a very rough texture. ...Read more
Are there any symptoms a person develops after passing a kidney stone? I passed my first kidney stone 3 days ago but still have discomfort in my kidne
Yes: The kidney is covered in a very thick piece of skin that doesn't like to be stretched - when stone blocks urine flow the kidney can swell a bit and push on this skin. This is what triggers nausea/vomiting/pain. Once pressure gone there may be some local bruising that may take a few days to recover. Drink plenty of water - a bit of cranberry juice to help urine to have more acid to flush small grit ...Read more
Kidney stone, lymph: It is very unlikely passing a kidney is related to the lump in the groin. It the lump is painful or not resolving it should be evaluated. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you feel after passing a kidney stone?
- How long should you wait to have sex after kidney stone surgery?
- How do i know if i'm passing a kidney stone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should my uti take to clear up after i start antibiotics?
- How long should i have swollen gums after deep cleaning?
- How soon after injury should i receive a tetanus shot?
- Generally how long should i wait after my hernia surgery before exercise
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free