Doctor insights on:
How Should I Clean And Care For My Breast Prosthesis
Depends: Regular saline or silicone gel implants feel alright. Some women say they feel somewhat heavy, but this may be due to going from no breast to a reconstructed breast literally within hours. More cohesive silicone gel implants feel more firm than regular breast tissue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Exchange it: Breast implants are not designed to last forever although recent advancements have made them not only safer but also more durable. If something does happen to your implant, it is relatively straightforward to simply exchange out that damaged implant with a new one. Some patients will opt to change out both if the implants have been in for an extended time but that is not always necessary. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes, statistically: To the best of my knowledge 85% of implants fall in the range of 325-375 cc. Therefore 600 cc falls outside the bell curve and well beyond two standard deviations. This may increase the potential for tissue atrophy and increase the risks of nerve injury and the potential for long term ptosis (sag). However many patients choose this side knowing these risks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not so bad: right after surgery, most patients feel tightness more than pain. There have been no room for the implant and it was pushed in a created space. It take some time for the breast to relax but it is usually not too bed. Most of my patients go back to work a few days later. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How frequently should i remove my pessary and clean it?
- What can i do if my breast prosthesis gets damaged?
- I think my toddler has a fissure how should i care for it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How should i clean mold from walls?
- How to clean my breast before breastfeeding?
- How should i take care of the diaphragm?
- How do i clean my lungs?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free