Doctor insights on:
How Should I Be Sitting On My Desk At Work
Why am i having heart palpitations jut sitting at my desk at work? It happens about once a day for about 30 seconds.
Need info: Palpitations are universal. There sometimes is a reason for them, often not. Consider: are you using stimulants (caffeine, nicotine, decongestants?) are you well rested? Are you under particular stress? Generally, an evaluation would include and echocardiogram to exclude structural heart disease, lab tests for potassium, magnesium and thyroid hormone, and a 24 hr rhythm recording as a minimum. ...Read more
Better chair.: You probably need a better chair - an ergonomic one, with good cushioning in the seat, proper back support, and appropriate height so that your feet are flat on the ground when you sit. Additionally, you should make it a point to get up at least once every hour to take a break from sitting. Stretch and walk around when you get up. ...Read more
I am hypothyroid and on 135mg of levothyroxine. Sitting at my desk at work, my hands are like ice but my face is flushed and burning hot. Help?
Thyroid function: Please get a thyroid function blood test and have medications adjusted. ...Read more
Sitting at my desk at work I'm having brief spells of vertigo. What would cause me to feel like I'm spinning/falling? Its related to eye movement.
I'm having extreme pain inu right shoulder blade when I move or sit in a certain position. Came out of no where sitting aty desk at work.
My feet are swollen after a long days work from sitting at my desk. What is this? How can I treat it?
Venous insufficiency: It is likely to be due to pooling of blood from venous insufficiency. It would be good for you to get up and walk about every hour or so. If you can elevate your feet at your desk, that may help too. If you are overweight, losing weight will be good. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When sitting I favor leaning to my left side, same when working from desk. Now after 5 or so years, it's creating lower back discomfort. X-ray clear. I work on couch using laptop, and my way of sitting is left foot on my right new while I am leaning towar
Common problem: You have poor body mechanics and your musculature need retraining. I imagine you have abused your back. Check with your family physician and get a referral to a physiotherapist. You will be amazed at the positive change. ...Read more
I work long shifts. I get stuck at my desk for hour+ i notice when I am sitting for a long time my legs will get numb. Should i see a doctor?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If i fell at work and injured my back how should i properly get out of bed
- How long should i wait after having gall bladder surgery to lay on my stomach?
- Should i be concerned with stiff neck after hitting my head on ice
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a cyst on my scalp should i be concerned or need to get it drained
- Should i be concerned about a bumpy crusting rash on my vagina while pregnant
- Why do i have lower back pain after being on my feet at work all day?
- We use latex gloves at work and my nails get damaged how can i strengthen them
- My fiance has a bump on his penis shaft how do i know if i should be concerned