Doctor insights on:
How Serious Is Syrinx
My son is 5 and has severe pain and stiffness in legs at night since birth, he has a syrinx on his lumbar and thoracic spine? can that be the problem
I was diagnosed with a syrinx a few years ago. My symptoms are progressing. What should I do? It scares me.
Depends on the cause: Your neurosurgeon can decide, based on your neurological history and exam, and MRI scan, whether the syrinx is clinically relevant, needs follow up or surgical treatment. The surgeon can also explain what may have caused the syrinx, and predict the likelihood of progression. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
1) Do prominent central canals look reminiscent of a syrinx / vice versa? Is it hard to differentiate?
2) Do prominent central canals grow in size?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How serious is a 9 mm kidney stone?
- How serious is a platelet count of 95?
- How serious is marijuana for people with dilated cardio myopathy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How serious is a cholesterol reading of 245?
- How serious or dangerous is lumbar disk disease with myelopathy?
- How serious is multiple sclerosis?
- How serious is fluid on the lungs?
- Talk to a neurologist online