Doctor insights on:
How Serious Is Having Microvascular Angina
By Exclusion: It's generally a diagnosis of exclusion, when one can't find another reason for symptoms of angina. It would require a catheterization with coronary angiogram to exclude blockages in the larger coronary arteries on the surface of the heart. Also an echocardiogram might be done to exclude valvular heart disease. It's more common in women and treated usually with beta blockers such as metoprolol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The company it keeps: There are no "markers" for microvascular angina, per se. The diagnosis can be made invasively at specialized centers (only a few around the country), but often is based on a "gestalt" of suggestive symptoms, sometimes with evidence of impaired blood flow ("ischemia") on stress tests, in a person with traditional heart disease risk factor, when typical angiograms show no blockages. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: It certainly can be. Chest pain that is exertional in nature should be investigated by a stress test and if there is some suspicion or an abnormal ekg, possibly an imaging stress test. Several imaging tests will show the possibility of microvascular insufficiency of the heart (nuclear stress testing, pet, and mri). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes it is: Especially if it is new, or changing (unstable). Many people deny 'pain' with angina. It is described as a 'twinge', pressure, more rarely as a sharp knife like pain. Regardless, angina suggests that circulation is not adequate to portions of the heart, and is a warning that heart attack may occur. Have it checked, control your risk factors, consider treatments recommended.. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
YES: This can be serious and potentially life threatening. It is an infection of the floor of the mouth. It is most commonly caused by a dental infection. The infection can cause swelling below the tongue large enough to obstruct the airway. You should seek medical attention asap. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How serious is it to have spinal stenosis with degenerated disc?
- How serious is a having a herniated disk?
- How serious is it to have lumbar spinal stenosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a pimple on the lip me my vagina is this serious
- How serious is a 9 mm kidney stone?
- I have extreme pain while pooping during my menstrul cycle is it serious
- I have a stuffy nose coughing body aches what is it and how do i help myself
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free