Doctor insights on:
How Safe Is Transvaginal Ultrasound During Pregnancy
Pretty Safe: Assuming that the membranes are intact (water not broken), there should be no significant risks. In the case of ruptured membranes the same precautions should be used as for an internal exam. Labial prep and sterile probe cover. ...Read more
The sonogram is a test that looks at body organs with no radiation. It uses sound waves and can give us a 2 dimensional view of organs such as the kidney, liver, heart, and lungs. It can define spaces that are either solid or full of fluid. I can also guide large needles into an organ or near the spine, and can help define the area being cut open. Its a ...Read more
Very accurate: First trimester ultrasounds are very accurate in dating a pregnancy. If the ultrasound date is more than 7 days different for the last menstrual period; the pregnancy is usually redated by the ultrasound due date. ...Read more
U can see a sac at 5: Weeks but in order to tell if it is viable , u need to see a htbeat which can be seen at 6 1/2 weeks. ...Read more
Is transvaginal ultrasound contraindicated if i' m not sure if i' m positive for pregnancy or not ?
See 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
An ultrasound is an imaging study in which a probe emits and receives sound waves which rebound off of internal organs in order to visualize them. For a transvaginal ultrasound a specially designed probe is lubricated and placed into the vagina in order to better ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to get frequent ultrasounds during pregnancy?
- How much ginger root is safe to take during pregnancy?
- How safe is heparin during pregnancy?
- How much iron supplement is safe to take during pregnancy?
- Is ultrasound safe during early pregnancy?
- How much coffee is safe to drink during pregnancy?
- How much coffee is safe during pregnancy?
- How much alcohol is safe during pregnancy?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free