Doctor insights on:
How Readily Is Cmv Colitis Transferred From Person To Person
Depends: Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is itself highly contagious. However, it rarely causes a problem in a person with an intact immune system. Serious infections occur in fetuses (devastating!) whose moms get CMV while pregnant and in immunocompromised patients (with aids or organ transplant recipients). It is this last group that is most likely to get CMV colitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: That's not how CMV is transmitted.Get a more detailed answer ›
Colitis and death: Colitis - inflammation of the colon - can be caused by many different things including ischemea (inadequate blood supply). Rarely this cause leads to severe bleeding and sudden death. Infections, ulcerative colitis, crohn's disease can cause many symptoms but rarely result direclty in death (uc is associated with cancer, however). Bleeding can occur without colitis and this can (rarely) be fatal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How does infectious colitis spread from person to person? My dad was diagnosed with it last night.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How is a stomach bug passed from person to person?
- How is progeria genetically transferred from parent to offspring?
- Is lyme disease contagious from person to person?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible for one person to have both celiac disease and ulcerative colitis?
- Is it possible for a person to get cured from lyme disease without medication?
- How soon after a spinal cord injury is it okay to give the person a massage?
- Is malaria contagious from person to person?
- Talk to a pediatrician online