Doctor insights on:
How Rare Or Common Is A Sinus Infection Due To A Tooth Problem
Uncommon: The teeth are usually separated from the sinus by bone and a membrane. It is unusual for a tooth infection to spread through both of those barriers, though not impossible. A tooth infection can, however, feel as if it is going into the sinus because the nerves can be closely connected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In anatomy, a sinus is a cavity within a bone or other tissue. Most commonly found in the bones of the face and connecting with the nasal cavities. Sinus (anatomy), description of the general term paranasal sinuses, air cavities in the cranial bones, especially those near the nose, including: the maxillary sinuses, also called the maxillary antra and the largest of the ...Read more
How can I get a correct the diagnosis of sinus infection or dental problem and what specialists do I need to talk to?
Could wisdom teeth surgery have damaged my sinus? I had a sinus infection for six months afterwards and reoccurring problems ever since.
Sinus infection: A sinus infection follow a tooth extraction is certainly possible but not as likely with a third molar extraction due to the location of the tooth and proximity to the maxillary sinus. A ct scan could help determine is this is the case but the treatment for the infection would probably follow the same course either way. A ct scan and referral to an ENT would be recommended. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had a severe sinus infection and it goes in and out... I had like a ball on thge right side of my face lower bottom tooth. It hurts. Wat is this?
Dental abscess: If the swelling is on one of the lower teeth (along the lower jaw line) you don't have a sinus infection, but you are probably developing a dental abscess. Either way you will need antibiotics. If it is dental in origin, the offending tooth will have to be pulled. Get seen quickly to prevent a severe abscess which may require surgery to drain. See a doctor or dentist asap. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had a sinus infection 2 weeks ago & it was severe I had a ball on the bottom right tooth & my tooth ached 2 but it has ben gone since. Could I die?
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you tell if a cough is due to lung congestion or just sinus drainage?
- I seem to have really small hands is it a common or rare genetic thing
- How do you get a deviated septum and how is it related to sinus infections?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is it for a staphylococcal infection to become septic?
- How common is it for someone to need a breast augmentation or enlargement?
- How common is it for a woman not to show symptoms of chlamydia infection?
- How long will it take for an antibiotic to reduce pain of a tooth infection?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free