Doctor insights on:
How Rare Is It For Teens To Get Blood Clots
Rare: But following the treatment regiment is key to prevention. For low risk surgery early movement (walking) is the most important advise. For larger surgery where you remain in bed for a while, medications and leg pumps may be used for prevention. Getting up and out of bed as early as possible is still important however. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Very unusual: It is really unusual unless there is predisposing factor like hypercoagulable disease which increase risk of clot formation or anatomical stenosis/blockage like young athletes with thoracic outlet obstruction. ...Read more
Possible...but rare: Anyone can potentially get blood clots, but it is rare in younger people. Many things can predispose a person to clots - inactivity, obesity, hormone replacement or birth control, and many clotting disorders. Many of these are avoidable or at least modifiable. If a teenager were to get a blood clot, they should probably be tested for a clotting disorder. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: No it is not.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get blood to clot?
- How to get rid of blood clot?
- How to get rid of a blood clot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How rare is a negative blood?
- How to get pecs for teens?
- How to get rid of blood clots in legs naturally?
- How to get rid of blood clot on face?
- Talk to a pediatrician online