Doctor insights on:
How Rare Is It For A Teen To Get Oral Cancer
What are the risks of a teen getting oral cancer im 16 and I have no risk factors. Dont smoke drink or chew or anything. ?
Squamous cancer: Of the head and neck is unheard of in a pre-teen, and only teens that smoke or dip are at risk. Pediatric tumors (rhabdomyosarcoma) can afffect the head and neck, but the oral cavity is still unusual. Ewings sarcoma of skull bones, and esthesioneuroblastoma and juvenile angiofibroma occur in nasal cavity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Please don't do it!: Tobacco, whether chewed or smoked, is a carcinogen and the more the mouth is exposed to this the greater the risk. Numbers are just statistical guesses. For that person who does get oral cancer, whether as a teenager or later on, there is pain, disfigurement or loss of life. If you smoke or chew, please stop. If you've never started, don't ever start. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is oral cancer common in teens, bc I have gotten the gardasil shot, can I still get oral cancer ? Is it common for 18 yr old girls ?
I have two lumps in my mouth; one near the upper molarsand one inside the tongue. I also have a sore throat. I'manxious. How many teens get oral cancer a year?
Several possibile: Oral sex, has become a major cause, due to the hpv virus. Hpv has been spreading oral cancer much more rapidly than in years past. Multiple sex partners has been shown to expand the incidence of probability exponentially. Heavy smoking, heavy drinking and an unhealthy lifestyle are also contributors. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Carcinogens: Carcinogens change the dna in the affected cells, causing them to grow uncontrollably. This occurs hit or miss each time the carcinogens are introduced. The more you use, the greater your chances, like playing the lottery, but not in a good way. The changes that take place can take years to manifest themselves. The sooner you quit the better your chances of staying cancer free. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How rare is it for a 12yo to get oral cancer?
- How unusual is it for a normal teenager to get oral thrush?
- How likely is it for a grown man to get oral thrush?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible for a 16 year old to get lung cancer?
- Is it possible for a 14 year old girl to get breast cancer?
- How common is it to get breast cancer as a teenager?
- How big of a risk is it for a heart transplant patient to get a tongue piercing?
- Talk to a pediatrician online